Why Do I Procrastinate?

 Happy Monday! 

I have been procrastinating and I have no excuse. But as in anything, I try to have an explanation 🙄😂

Why do I procrastinate?   

Fear. Fear I won't sustain it,  fear I won't complete it, fear I'd be bad at it


Sometimes I also get a kick at escaping and evading the things I need to do.  Yet, who am I kidding? 

Sometimes, its because what I want to do does not affect others, or has no real immediate consequence, it becomes all too convenient to push back... until I realize its too late.  

Procrastination, i am starting to realize, is harmless on the outside, harmful on the inside. 

Every promise I do not keep to myself harms my internal trust in what I tell myself I can do.  

Every goal unrealized kills a dream little by little even if it would otherwise have given me more joy than fleeting pleasure.  

Procrastination is that trickle of water that eventually shapes the stone. 

What do you do to snap you out of procrastinating?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake