Dealing with Anger

 Happy Monday! 

For the past two days, I was filled with feelings of anger. (Cue in ❤#markruffalo) 

These are times when I hope I am one of those who were born with the temperament of angels. Calm, reserved, proper, kind. 

I am not that. Yet I work on the semblance of it everyday. 

My siblings will always tell each other when I speak, " Hindi galit si ate, nag papaliwanag lang".  My friends who have something to complain about would come to me to write their letters so that they bite.  I am one hot ball of excitement and passion and rage. 😂😂😂

I do embrace that about myself most times. I am drawn to people who are as passionate. However I try to learn from people who are composed and tactful and calm. 

When all is said and done, how do I deal with MYSELF when I feel angry. 

1. I talk to myself or to someone I can trust will not judge me. It is true that anger can let you lose your sense of reason. That is why it is important for me to hear myself out and in front of someone who will not change his/her mind about me when I lose it. Since I choose these people well, i feel safe listening to them too.  

2.  I write. My journal is beset with angry, confused, worried, desperate entries. I sort my feelings there and I will die if anyone ever read them 😂. 

3.  I disconnect. I walk, i stare on to nothingness. I take deep breaths. 

4. I get busy to get my mind off it. If it's a small matter , then, my gift of forgetfulness kicks in and I'm fine. 

5. I do something regrettable. Ahahaha. Yes, that's part of it. Sometimes vulnerability and sense of abandon takes a positive turn, at other times I deal with the consequences.  

No matter what I do, one thing is for sure. I don't stay angry. If my flaw is that I get easily mad, my gift is that I cannot stay mad. 

It helps a lot that I know I am a work in progress. That way, i keep working on myself. Moreover, that when the fumes subside, I recognize that others are trying just as hard as well. 

Anger is a feeling. That is all it is. It is there to alarm you, it is not there to stay.  Acknowlege it, deal with it and then try your hardest to move on. Because...👇



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake