Word of the Year 2021: Sincerity

 Happy Monday!

Sincerity is my word for the year. 

I missed writing and sharing in this page over the holidays. However, I also want to cherish the time I spent doing things for others, to celebrate and to be IN the season of love and beginnings.  


The twin celebration of Christmas and New Year brings a lot of nostalgia and it is best celebrated with intention and constant effort to distance myself from what may not be fundamentally crucial to the essence of the season.  

All the musings, reflections, time spent with family brought me straight to the door of my word for the year. 

Sincerity is not my word because I am already living it. On the contrary, this year 2021, I will endeavor to learn and live it. 

Sincerity in words, sincerity in moments, sincerity in action, sincerity in relating with others, sincerity in my dreams and pursuits.  

I will try to sincerely appreciate the little things. I will speak with sincerity or speak not.  I will chase only the things that will bring me true happiness and not the ones that looks flashy and attractive. I will check in with my essence and do only things that ring true to me.  

The enemy of sincerity in my journey is fear of missing out, fear of unpopular leanings, fear of being misunderstood.  Fear itself. 

2021 promises to be yet another challenging year. Personally, there are already things in it I am not looking forward to.  Yet again, we do not get to choose the events of the year. We only get to choose how we could live it best.  This year, at least, i want less confusion and more clarity with what I feel so that I can live my truth and let it resound in my moments. 

What is your one word for the year?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake