Silence is a Gift

 Happy Monday!

Silence. 

Being comfortable with silence is an advantage in many situations.  In selling, in negotiations, in relationships and even in our daily lives. Silence is powerful. It highlights pregnant moments of insight and realizations. 

I consider silence a gift in three occassions. 

1. When I am especially happy.  Although I may tend  to run to my go to people to tell my story or a good news often,  I find that when something really special happens, I tend to keep it to myself until I am ready to share it.  I enjoy recounting, imagining and the secret giggles. 

2.  When I am extremely sad.  I have a confession, even when people come to me for their stories, i too have a hard time opening wounds to others.  It takes me time to process my own pain. 

3.  When I am overwhelmed by tasks.  Silence centers me, calms me down and helps me let go of control.  The emptiness of silence reminds me that as long as I have myself, everything external is secondary.  

Words are used to express, to share, to let things be known.  Sometimes, I don't want others to know. Sometimes, words are not enough and may waterdown what is otherwise poignant and intense.  Sometimes, words are not necessary, its enough that you know.  

All the time, silence brings us back to the self, where it matters. 

Advent is about to start. A period of waiting and reflection. Let us take advantage of silence as we prepare for Christmas. 🎄


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake