Psychological Safety

Happy Monday! 

Psychological safety. What is that?

It is when people know they can be human amongst other humans 🙂 . It is a space where you are respected whilst not being expected to be perfect. It is a space where people can take the risk of exposing who they really are without the fear of rejection, exclusion or diminished regard.  

I just spent an entire weekend with my family and I cannot help but feel relaxed because I felt safe.  

1. I know they got me.  I know I've got them too. I just don't know how.  If you get to be around my family, you'd know how everyone over prepares to meet everybody else's needs.  

There's a downside to this though. The anxiety and stress of not knowing if one has given enough, prepared enough, protect enough.  

2.  They laugh at my mistakes.  I am the eldest but I am also the most forgetful, least careful, most carefree (believe me!).  Yet, they manage to amuse themselves with my mishaps. What would otherwise feel crippling seems a tad lighter and fully embraced by the people who matters most. 

3.  Lovingly respects me despite of.  The first two may seem to give you an impression that my siblings know better, can do better, care more or are more serious and capable.  Well, you are right. Yet, despite all that, they care to run decisions by me, allow me to interfere when needed, looks past my shortcomings and give me the regard due me as the eldest nonetheless.  

Yet, unless really needed, they let me be myself.  

I hope I am making them feel safe too. 

I just love family time. I missed it. I'm happy to have experienced it again.  ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake