Energy Cycles

 Happy Monday!

I am alright ❤

First of all, THANK YOU for those who sent me messages asking how I am and why i was on pause.  Your concern is heartfelt and I am grateful for you.  I am surrounded by wonderful people 😍😍😍.  

Our momentary pause is necessary.  I think this is also an opportune time to write about energy flow. 

I have long recognized that I have an annual cycle of energy that I have learned to welcome over the past 20 years or so. 

You see, I noticed that every year, attending the Christ the King mass was always a struggle.  I would often find myself "almost" unable to attend mass around that time. Either I'm tempted to succumb to laziness, to sadness, tiredness, want to go for more pleasurable activities, feeling unworthy, etc.   Whatever the reason, suffice it to say I find myself in a funk over this time of the year. 

That is how I knew about my annual energy cycle. 

Do you have that cycle as well? 

If I knew it was coming, shouldn't I be more prepared? 

The overthinker in me says, double your guards during this time so that when your mood dips, you can level it with positivity! 💪

In general, this works. 

However, one thing I learned over the years, is that NOT ALL STRENGTH IS FORCE. 

Sometimes, it is enough that :

1.  I know my cycle, recognize it when it comes 2.  I am aware that my energy level has little to do with what is objectively happening around or in me. 

3.  I need to be kind and understanding to myself until this phase is over because it will be over in time.  

What happens when I do this? 

I respect my flow, I do not get overwhelmed, I do not judge myself and I eventually slide through this phase and get back on my feet.  

Energy ebbs and flow in cycles. This even happens daily, as most of you may have already noticed. There are times in the day when we are pumped up, creative, productive.  There are also times when we just cannot be bothered.  

Since this happens often (daily is often, right 😅) we learn to live with it and make peace with it. 

Same thing for our annual energy cycles.  

When are your cycles?

May this help you make peace with your cycles as well.  YOU ARE ALRIGHT. ❤❤❤

Excited to see you for our #forwordfriday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake