Rest Is Not Being Idle

Happy Monday!



What will happen if you are not busy?

For me, I imagine planes falling down from the sky, trains getting derailed and lakes drying up. Ahahaha!
This may be the perfect hyperbole of the panic I feel when I suddenly find myself free for the day!

Why I feel I should constantly be filling up a schedule and doing something is beyond me. What I do know, is that in our family, we were told that rest is merely a change in activity.

One summer vacation in my childhood, I do remember Nanay, pouring out all our dirty rubber shoes and slippers in a big tub, filled it with water and soap and gave each of us children a brush. As we were cleaning our shoes, a neighbor passed by asking my mom what we were doing. She cordially replied, "Eto, nagpapahinga (Just taking a break/rest)".

This stuck with me. Despite being known to be "lakwatsera", I do enjoy staying home sometimes just fixing my wardrobe, repairing things, cleaning my room or organizing my notebooks (hehe).

These are my "fix up activities".

Sometimes, my rest times are recreational. Journaling, reading (not work related), tinkering with markers and paints or pretending to cook or bake.

Why am I sharing this?

Idleness is a very attractive enemy. It fools you to think you are doing nothing. In reality, you ARE doing something you are not accountable for : wasting time, mindlessly watching tv, chattering about nothing, playing detective in social media.

Our activities can be likened to driving a car. "Busy" is when you are actively seeking out a route or driving fast and chasing time. "Rest" is coasting .

What I hope we are doing though is coasting mindfully because no matter what happens, as you drive, you are getting somewhere.

To a productive week mates! ðŸ˜Ž

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake