Focus

Happy Monday!

It is (inevitably) September again and we have ahead of us the last few months of the year. Sometimes I feel I just could not keep up!

In many ways, really: the number of certifications that are being invented, the number of associations available to join, the number of countries in my ever-increasing bucket list, the random (albeit disputable) expenses and needs.

In reality, however, over and above all these external things happening around, I just need to keep up with myself and my ever changing mind most days. 

Its hard to quiet the mind with all the sensations and stimulus around us. There are times, you just have to pin your head down to focus.

Some things I try instead of that though, are these:

1. Define what is important, in general. Is it your relationship with God, then family, then meaningful work? Revisit your past week and see how these values/ priorities played a role on your activities. Look at your schedule today and see how your priorities can be highlighted in what will happen in the next few hours.

2. Shun the screen. Yes, I find my mind the noisiest when I have gone to too much hours on the t.v. or watching videos on my phone. Last night, I forced myself to read a book (paperback) instead and it really helped quieting my mind down.

3. Take a walk, breathe. When life is like a raging bull, a runaway train, a slippery road... stop. Put down whatever is overwhelming you and just let go a bit. Sometimes, just the sensation of getting out of the situation, getting away from the computer, or leaving a room full of your "to do's" can already give you a feeling of calm. It also helps us to realize that the world does not fall apart when we take a breather.

4. What is necessary? My dream is to live a life so edited that I only have the necessary people, things, tasks in my hand. Although this is not yet possible at the moment, I content myself with some occasional self denial. I know when I deny myself of anything unnecessary, I gain back for myself something that is necessary. Be it more money to buy something more essential, or just the mere patience and strength of character I gained to have denied myself of something indulgent.

It is difficult to focus most of the time but we can try. Keeping up with everything and everyone is impossible. Acceptance is key.

Wishing everyone a focused week ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake