How are you?

Happy Monday! 

I was supposed to post something inspirational, something positive, something I am experiencing. 

Instead, I am posting something also equally real. 

I just watched a video of a young man who was undergoing depression, trying to explain what he has gone through, was going through and crying over the thought of what still lies ahead. 

He said, “When someone takes their own life because they are depressed, don’t say, “sayang” (what a waste). Say, I wish I was there for him, i wish i was a better friend/family.” 

He also said, “We are not weak. We are strong. You do not know how much struggle we have to go through just trying to get up every morning, and we have to do it EVERYDAY”. 

He also said, to those experiencing the same, “Fight.” 

He was found dead, alone, the next day after recording the video. 

Why am I posting this on a “happy Monday” post? 

Simply because these articles are not here to showcase happiness. They are written to help others be happy. 

Ask someone sincerely “How are you? Really?” today.

Sit down with someone and offer no opinion, just listen. 

Call someone you have not talked to for a while.

Do not snap on someone who seems like they have not gotten things figured out.

Refrain from telling people “Get over it”, “All things come to pass”, “There will be a better day”. Hold their hands and help them cross over on their own. 

I am aware that sometimes, articles like the one I write may be too much for people trying to “be happy”. I am sorry. 

I wish not to make people sad when I blow the trumpet of joy. I simply want to say, it is possible. 

One day at a time. One inch to a smile. One act of kindness at a time. One person at a time. 

That young man may have lost his life, but I am not quite sure he lost the battle. If he makes us kinder to ourselves and others than usual, he won. 

#economyofinspiration
http://joyinmetoday.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake