Loving Mondays

Happy Monday!

Why do I write on Mondays?

Before I answer that, I’d like to tell you that by God’s grace I have ended my battle with Mondays back in 2005.  How?

Well, aside from deciding I will not work a single day more on something I do not completely love to do (which deserves another post) I realized that it is not the day that makes me really agitated but the “surprise” that it has. You know how we adjust from the carefree weekends to the “work-mode” Monday? No matter how relaxed I may be on a Sunday, Monday found me unprepared.

Thus, I applied some “intentional” tweeks to help me to get ready for Monday and take it by the horns... as in every other thing that may make me feel like I’m not prepared.

1.  Prepare. Simple right? Loving Mondays start on a Friday. Leaving work or duties settled and taken cared of close of business day on a Friday makes our Mondays look like a clean slate, a new beginning.  I find that those who hate Mondays are also those who said, “It’s almost the weekend, I’ll take care of that on Monday”. Guess what? You will and with even less time to do it.  Leave accomplished on a Friday and Mondays will be a welcome beginning.

2.  Make a list. I have always been an advocate of lists. It tunes me in to what is ahead of me. So as not to be surprised with what the work week will hit us with, be ahead of the game ready with your list. On a Sunday, revisit the list and psych yourself up. No surprises.

3.  Re-examine how you use your weekend.  Do the activities you do rejuvenate you? Does your recreation satisfy you? Is it basically just “catching up” time?  We place all our hopes in weekends that they become as tiresome as our workdays. If you can, spread some pockets of tasks in the weekday as well, or even pockets of time for “loosening up” on a weekday so you do not feel left out when you decide to just stay in and cook or clean or read a book on weekends.

4. Reserve your “bucket list” on vacation days. Calling in sick on a Monday “just because” will not give us much leverage professionally to ask for a much needed vacation break. One, because we would be constantly piling up work, and second because we are using our leaves up on unplanned times off.  Plan out your holiday calendar in advance, work with passion on work days and make sure everything is taken cared of when you go off to reward yourself with a much deserved break. There is always time for everything.

5. Be aware of your attitude towards Mondays and do something about it, because really, Mondays usher in the week and it will cycle back on every week no matter what.  So why do I write on Mondays? Because I want to keep loving it with purpose.

Enjoy the week ahead! I hope you were ready to welcome it this week 🛀🏻

#economyofinspiration

📷whisper.sh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake