My Last NN Years

Making that a double just to be sure.

I lost a friend last week.  It was also the week to remember our departed loved ones.  The reminders were poignant.

We will not be here for long.  We are all in our last NN years.


So what do we do with our last NN Years?

For me,  I want them to go this way...

1.  I want to make as many decisions as I can.

Sometimes, I feel that I am not making decisions because my emotion, cravings or the easy way just ends us to be the "decision makers" of the day.  I want to be able to face as many situations where I will think and decide and enjoy or pay the consequences. I want each crossroads to make me feel brave facing them and proud having gone through them.

2.  I want to meet as many people and know their stories.

I want to look at as many faces as I can and wonder what their stories are. I want them to know that someone is interested to hear them out and is willing to give the time.  I want to hear how differently they think or be amazed at how close their stories and tendencies are to mine.  I want to say hi to random strangers and see how their face light up.  I want to connect and be one of many.

3.  I want to keep in touch with as many friends as I can - in person.

I want to get fat having lunch and dinner with people who have been with me at one point in my life.  I want to laugh at memories. I want to set dates with them and wonder if they will push through.  I want to spontaneously think of people in vicinities where I find myself in so I can ask for an impromptu meet up.  I want to maroon myself with the familiarity of close friends.

4.  I want to challenge myself everyday ----- to follow the schedule that I wrote.

I love schedules.  I rarely follow them though.  That is my daily challenge... which I think I would have to battle with till my last days. So I will leave it at that.

5.  I want to spend time with my family and keep looking at them with all the admiration I have in me because I know I am with the finest human beings in the planet!

They really are.  My dad is a superman. My mom is a mother Theresa. My brother Bon is the most honest, vulnerable, hardworking man his age that I know. My sister Louisa has the kindest heart and the fiercest tact. Our youngest Aaron is the smartest, loving, balanced baby-daddy I know.  I am sooooooo in love with all of them.

There. I know my last days will be busy and great! I am excited to live them.

How about you?




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake