Precious 2 Minutes

I was supposed to write about another getting over...moving on kinda post but after mass today, I changed my mind.

I moved on.  Ahahaha!

Though I would like to give my little share of ideas to help people get over some of the most nagging negative feelings so they can crossover to joy... I thought, in my life, there is nothing better than what I am about to share. So I'll go straight to that.



On a trip, while I was staring out the window fascinated by the colors of fall, I realized I was so happy I just needed to pray.  So I did.  Once I retreated to that place where I met my Lord, I realized that all the joy I felt marveling over the color and beauty outside pale in comparison to the joy that I felt in that short 2 minutes commune with God.

Similarly, in times I feel troubled, hurried, consumed with panic, my mind screeches to a halt and just center thoughts out to God.  In those times. nothing seem to make sense. No.  Make that - nothing tangible, immediate and logical makes sense.  So I move pass that and call out to my ever present God for help.  It may not solve anything instantaneously, but it makes me ready and open for miracles.

Two minutes of precious conversation with God is all it takes to center back to what is important. 

Of course, we can not make the most of these 2-minute lifeline calls to God if we are not internally prepared to talk to Him.  You see, if you are not in the habit of calling Him out, you would not call Him even at the times similar to what I already cited.

So how do we make spending several 2-minute conversations with God a habit?

1.  Start your day with God.  Make Him the first thought for the day.  Not who messaged you while you were sleeping. Not a rundown of all your "to do" for the day. Ok, I'll give it to mothers who need to rush to their suddenly awake babies...but well, you get my point.

2.  See Him everywhere.  See Him in beauty as in the unappealing. See him in kind people as well as in difficult ones.  See him in traffic (good pause)  and when in all the green lights are on.  See him in happiness and in trials.  God created the world and everything and everyone has his "thumbprint".

3.  Seek Him everywhere.  When times are tough, it may not be easy to see Him. Seek Him instead.  Seek Him in the reason of events. Seek Him in the soul behind that rude person. Seek Him and His plan when things do not turn out as expected.  Seek Him in yourself when you think you are too weak to fight.

4.  Surrender at the end of the day.  When all is said and done, surrender to Him your plans, your dreams, the people you deal with, that project you were busy with, that good news you received today, the people you love.  You are about to sleep and everything will soon be out of  your control again...rest them in more capable. hands.

Time will soon escape us, or should I say, we will escape time.  I love it when the liturgy at mass says "the JOY of everlasting life".

It is good to get to know who we will spend forever with, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online Self-ie

Keeping Joy Alive

I Am Sad Today.

Having Your Own Business

#economyofinspiration

Be Grateful

Finding Joy

Moving On From Regret

How To Start?

Fake